Get In Touch

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Vegan Pizza

Share it Please
All I have to say about this pizza is- om nom nom. It's sooooo delicious! You have no idea how happy I was when I finally got to sink my teeth into the first bite. I could've cried. I don't remember the last time I had pizza. It was at least last November or October.

Oh my goodness, how sad is that?!

We used to have pizza at least once a week at my house. For awhile we loved Pizza King, but then I got sick the night we had it and I didn't like it anymore, then it was Donato's (still love them, but they're kinda expensive), and for a few months or so it's been Pizza Hut. I think Pizza Hut is my favorite pizza place, but the Mellow Mushroom has some pretty darn good gluten-free crust. You should check them out.



Anywho, you must try this pizza. I guarantee you have almost all the ingredients on hand. And it doesn't even have any fancy shmancy vegan cheese on it! In fact, you don't even miss the cheese! I know, i just blew your mind. Right? 

  

Pizza Crust from Nourishing Flourishing:

1/2 c. chickpea flour
1/4 c. water
1/4-1/2 tsp. salt (I recommend 1/2, but I'm a salty person)
dried oregano to taste
dried basil to taste
1 T. olive oil

1. Combine chickpea flour, water, salt, and herbs together.
2. Heat 1 T. olive oil in a small skillet/pan on medium heat. 
3. Pour batter into pan and spread to desired consistency (I like mine on the thicker side)
4. Flip when the edges start to bubble or when the bottom's sturdy enough to flip
5. Cook until the bottom is done to your liking.

Bean Sauce from No Meat Athlete:

about 1/3-1/2 c. white beans, rinsed and drained
1 clove of garlic, pressed
dash of pepper
water of stock 
about 1 T. of fresh basil

1. Spray pan with oil and saute garlic over medium heat. Cook until soft.
2. Add beans, pepper, and stock.  Mash together.
3. Add water or stock as needed until the bean sauce reaches your desired consistency.
4. Simmer for about 3-4 minutes, then add fresh basil.

The Final Result:

pizza crust
bean sauce
chicken breast, chopped and cooked (opt.)
artichoke hearts
olive oil
balsamic vinegar

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Spread however much bean sauce you want over the pizza crust.
3. Saute chicken breast and artichokes in a small pan over low heat for about 6 min.
4. Add the chicken and artichokes to pizza.
5. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the pizza is heated to your liking (don't cook too long or the chicken will be dried out).
6. Add olive oil and balsamic vinegar to taste and viola! You have a delicious vegan pizza!  


Inquiry of the Day:

How often do you eat pizza? Do you even like pizza?

Personally, it's one of my favorite foods ever. Besides chocolate. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media