Get In Touch

Monday, August 20, 2012

Molasses Cookie Larabars

Share it Please
It tastes like a soft molasses cookie. Except it's healthier than a cookie. With no sugar, flour, eggs, or butter this will be one of the healthiest cookies you'll ever eat.

There's just one problem.

It's not a cookie.


What?!?!

Yup, you heard me. But, yet, it tastes soooooo much like the molasses cookies Grandma used to make when you were a child. I thought I would never taste a molasses cookie again. I'm immensely glad I was wrong.


1/2 c. walnuts
1/4 c. dates
1/8 tsp. ground ginger
1/8 tsp. cloves
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black strap molasses
1 T. maple syrup

1. Pulverize walnuts, dates, spices, and salt until ground to your liking.
2. Add the molasses and syrup. Pulse until thoroughly combined.
3. Shape into bars or balls.
4. Freeze until firm or skip step 3 and eat it straight out of the food processor!

Makes 2 bars or 6 balls

Substitution Notes: Sub the walnuts for any other kind of nuts you have on hand. The dates can be replaced by raisins or even prunes. If you don't have black strap molasses use any other kind. The maple syrup can be subbed for honey or agave nectar.


Inquiry of the Day:


Have you ever had a molasses cookie?

When I was younger we used to make them almost every Christmas. We haven't made molasses cookies in a long time, though. Sunday, I just happened to have a hankering for 'em and thought they'd be delicious in Larabar form.

2 comments:

  1. This looks great! Saw your comment on Elana's pantry. Love what you are doing with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I'm glad you found me! You're blog is pretty awesome, too.

      Delete

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media