Get In Touch

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Meatloaf

Share it Please
Meatloaf is a staple in my house. We eat it all the time.It's great for special occasions, family get-to-togethers, or just a quick Monday night dinner. (It can be eaten any day of week, though.) I'm sure it'll become one of your favorite recipes. Except, if you're a vegetarian, it might not be.

What am I doing?! I'm stealing the spotlight! The real star is this meatloaf. Now, meatloaf has gotten a bad rap. I've had some disgusting meatloaf in my time. But this, just knocks all those imitators out of the water. Make sure you use good beef or pork. Otherwise, this won't turn out as good. My grandpa makes his own beef and pork, so we use that. Best meat ever. You can never go back to plain Jane burgers after you've had his. (Especially McDonald's burgers. Yuck!) Oh, and make sure you top with BBQ sauce or ketchup. It definitely improves the flavor.
Comfort food :)
So, are you having trouble figuring out what's for dinner? No problem. Make some meatloaf. It's just that good.


1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. ground pork
3/4 c. gluten-free oats
1 c. milk
1 egg
1 small onion, chopped and sautéed
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. dry mustard
1/4 t. pepper
1/4 t. sage (if you have it, use 1 t. of salt-free Mrs. Dash's table blend. if not, stick with the sage)

1. Mix all ingredients.
2. Spread in ungreased loaf pan, 9x5x3". Spread ketchup or BBQ sauce on top of loaf.
3. Cook uncovered in 350 degree oven until done about 1 1/2 hours.
                                      or
1. Mix all ingredients
2. Shape meatloaf into 6 small loaves; placed in ungreased oblong pan, 13x9x2"
3. Spread ketchup or BBQ sauce on top
4. Cook uncovered for 45 minutes

If you have trouble with grains try a different binder for the meatloaf. Maybe some arrowroot powder, a little almond flour, or another egg even? I don't know if any of these will work, but let me know how it goes if you happen to try it.


Inquiry of the Day:

Is meatloaf a comfort food for you?

It certainly is for me. One of the most comforting meals I can think of is meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and peas. Unfortunately, I can't eat red meat right now :*( It's been ages since I've had meatloaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media