Get In Touch

Monday, August 20, 2012

Beef Stew

Share it Please
This has always been one of my favorite winter recipes. Especially when it's served with homemade bread. It's full of hot vegetables, juicy beef, and is absolutely one of the best comfort foods on this planet.

A big bowl of comforting stew



If I ever feel the depressing pull of winter, my mom and I make a pot of stew or soup. That warms me right up head to toe.

Recently, cooking dinner with my mom has been a great bonding experience for us. Over the course of the past few months, I've really grown close to her. She's been my comforter, encourager, and helps pull me through the days I feel like I'm really struggling to keep moving.

Great with crackers or homemade bread




With that said, this is one of those meals that is easy to put together and fun to make with a partner. So grab your best friend, family member, or even your roommate and make some stew. ;)

2 lbs. beef stew meat (can be omitted for a vegetarian stew)
2 potatoes, diced
2 carrots, coarsely chopped
2 onions, chopped
8 oz. fresh mushrooms, quartered, sliced, or diced
salt and pepper to taste
1 c. hot water
3 gluten-free bouillon cubes
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 c. red wine

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Dissolve bouillon cubes in hot water and set aside.
3. Mix together meat, potatoes, carrots, onions, mushrooms, salt, and pepper.
4. Stir tomato paste into bouillon water, and pour over meat and vegetable mixture. Mix well.
5. Bake covered in a large casserole dish for 3 1/2 to 4 hours. Or put in the crock pot on low for 6-7 hours.
6. Serve hot with fresh bread or a salad.


Inquiry of the Day:

How do you cope with your winter funk? Or do you positively love winter?

I normally adore winter time. It's during January and February I feel like I'm just going in circles. But last year we had the most depressing winter. No snow. Just coldness. It's the worst. I'm really hoping for a decent snow this winter. So keep your fingers crossed!

2 comments:

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media