Get In Touch

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Dairy-Free Vanilla Fudgesicles

Share it Please
I made some pudding out of cashews.

Cashews?

Yes, cashews. And let me tell you, it was one of the best puddings I've ever had. Smooth, creamy, slightly nutty fudgesicles. They're a cinch to make and a guarantee they'll be a hit.
A little pudding PacMan ghost
 I was browsing the Gluten Free Fix's site when day, when this particular recipe caught my eye. I made it for my lunch one day and a thought started to brew in the back of mind. What if I froze it? And freeze it I did to make these wonderful vegan fudgesicles!
He likes to smile

If you have a dairy sensitivity I highly recommend these popsicles. They're aren't any fancy ingredients, such as tofu, or agar flakes, or any of that. Nope. Cashews, water, honey, and vanilla. That's all it takes.

2 c. raw cashews, soaked for at least 6 hrs.
1/2 c. honey or agave
3/4 c. water
1/2-3/4 tsp. vanilla

1. Soak cashews for 6-12 hours.
2. Combine ingredients in blender and blend until desired consistency is reached.
3. Pour into popsicle molds or Dixie cups. Stick wooden craft sticks in the middle
4. Freeze until completely frozen
Where did my popsicle go?! In moi tummy! :)

 Inquiry of the Day:

Did you used to eat Fudgesicles on a hot summer's day?

I know I did. For a few years I went to piano camp in the afternoon and they offered snacks everyday. One of my favorite days was the ice cream day. I always went for either the Drumstick or the Fudgesicle. I adore waffle cones. Maybe I should make a GF waffle cone recipe. Yeah, that would be good. 

Oh, and please don't forget to check out my Facebook page! Which can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media