Get In Touch

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Vanilla Chai Iced "Frappe"

Share it Please

Chai tea is just one of those comforting drinks. One of those drinks that you could drink all day if you wanted. And there are so many varieties! Vanilla, cinnamon, coconut..... the list continues.


I love chai tea hot, but on a wonderful 70 degree day like today, I wanted something cooler. I wanted it sweet like a fancy Starbucks drink, with foam on top, and cold. This drink meets all three requirements. It's cheaper than Starbucks, easy to make, and uses only three ingredients.

Amazing, right?


You can personalize this drink however you choose. You can leave out the sweetener, switch up the type of tea, or experiment with different extracts and spices. So many ideas are already starting to form in my mind... Coconut ginger tea anyone? ;)


Before I give you the recipe I just have to say how amazing this warm weather is! It's been sunny for the past week or so now with highs in the 70s and it even got up to 80 a few days ago! It's been wonderful. :) I really hope it doesn't go away and summer is here to stay. With Midwest weather you never really know....



12 oz. water
4 chai tea bags (Or other type of tea, maybe black or red?)
sweetener, to taste
milk or cream, to taste (I used Silk Original almond milk)
6-7 ice cubes

1. Boil your water then let the tea bags steep for about four minutes.
2. Squeeze out your tea bags, toss 'em, then add your sweetener and milk.
3. Pour the tea into your blender and add the ice cubes. Blend until smooth.
4. Serve over ice and with a fun straw. ;)



Inquiry of the Day:

Has summer arrived where you live?

It took forever but summer is finally here in Indiana. (Hopefully....) Things could change though, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't leave. 


2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I am definitely trying this:) With a fun straw of course ;)
    In Delaware, just maybe two weeks ago it was really cool, but this week it's SO HOT! I guess Delaware weather is really unpredictable...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! A colorful straw just adds that extra thing you'd be missing if you didn't use it. ;)

      Delete

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media