Get In Touch

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Chicken and Rice

Share it Please
I also eat chicken and rice, basically every day. If I'm not eating soup.

Fortunately, I don't ever get tired of it. It's just so simple and tasty.

Unfortunately, my sister doesn't ever get tired of it, either. So she steals all my chicken! How dare she! It's partly my mom's fault, because she lets her.

I have to guard my chicken and rice very aggressively. So don't cross me and my chicken!

I'm sure not everyone is fond of chicken and rice, but I am, so I wanted to sure with you what I eat on a daily basis.

Breakfast: cream of rice with coconut butter, honey, and dates
Snack: raisins, Trader Joe's crunchy curls, Amande almond milk yogurt or coconut milk yogurt, or raisins 
Lunch: chicken and rice or split pea soup (sometimes fish and a sweet potato)
Snack: raisins, Trader Joe's crunchy curls, Amande almond milk yogurt or coconut milk yogurt, or raisins
Dinner: strawberry banana smoothie (with a SunButter truffle of course!)

Here's the chicken and rice:

about 3 oz. of chicken breast, cut into pieces
1/2 c. cooked rice
1/3 c. frozen peas
salt to taste
soy sauce, Braggs Amino Acids, balsamic vinegar, or other sauce to taste
1 T. olive oil

1. Heat the stove top and add chicken.
2. Cook on one side until lightly brown. Sprinkle with salt.
3. Flip the chicken over. When it is almost cooked, add peas.
4. When peas are starting to got squishy add rice.
5. Cook until the peas are soft.
6. Pour into a bowl and mix with olive oil.
7. Add salt and Braggs to taste.
8. Spray with Braggs or sprinkle with black pepper, gluten-free soy sauce, or Teriyaki

Nutritional Information:
Calories: 414 calories (omit olive oil to make lower calorie and fat version)
Fat: 17.2 grams
Carbs: 42 grams
Fiber: 2.5 grams
Protein: 22.1 grams

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media