Get In Touch

Monday, August 20, 2012

Cinnamon Muffins

Share it Please
These muffins were so pretty when they came out of the oven! They had the most beautiful cracks on the top and smelled wonderful they whole time they were baking.
Instead of cinnamon apple muffins, I decided regular cinnamon muffins would be good and they were! I had a friend over and she loved them, my sister's friend loved them, my mom and my dad did as well. So, they obviously passed the test.

I plan to continue exploring with the world of cinnamon, because it is one of my very favorite spices. I especially love those Pillsbury cinnamon rolls that come in a tube. Yum. Cinnamon rolls.

 

2 c. almond flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 T. cinnamon
2 eggs
1/3 c. honey or agave (I used agave for these)
1/4 c. grape seed oil
1 c. pecans or walnuts (optional, but I bet these would be good with a bit of crunch)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, agave, and grape seed oil together.
4. Mix with dry ingredients and add pecans.
5. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.


Substitution Notes: You can sub the almond flour for any other nut flour (i.e. pecan, walnut, hazelnut, etc.). The eggs can be replaced by flax or chia eggs, which ever you prefer and the grape seed oil by any other kind of oil. I cannot vouch for any of these substitutions solely because of the fact I haven't tried them. If you happen too, let me know in the comments if it worked.


Inquiry of the Day:


What are you're favorite spices and/or herbs?

Personally, I like cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cilantro, basil, rosemary, and mint. I especially love rosemary on roasted/grilled vegetables or potatoes. In fact, if you ever make this recipe, sprinkle about 1 1/2 tsp. of fresh minced rosemary on them. It's absolutely delicious!

All of these spices have a very distinct flavor which I adore in muffins, breads, pies, ice cream, entrees, or even side dishes. Let me know you're favorite spices/herbs in the comments box and what you would like to seem them in.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media