Get In Touch

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Spicy Crackers

Share it Please
When I say spicy crackers, I mean spicy crackers. These babies are HOT!

My mom decided to get rid of chips for Lent this year, so she asked me to make some crackers for her. "Mom," I asked. "Aren't those considered chips?" She said no, so if you ever get rid of chips for Lent, this should be your go to recipe.
Little dynamite crackers- not to be underestimated!


Even though I'm not supposed to have spicy foods, I did try a teeny dot of dough and that was enough to set my taste buds on fire. So be warned, this recipe is not for the faint of heart.

If you have to call the fire department because you're tongue is on fire, don't blame me. I warned you.

*based on Elana Amsterdam's recipe

2 1/2 c. almond flour
1/4 t. salt
1/2 t. baking soda
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese (add or substitute any other cheese. Pepper jack would be good)
3 T. grape seed oil
2 eggs
1 T. paprika
1/2 t. ground cumin

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix together almond flour, salt, baking soda, and cheese.
3. In a separate bowl, beat together grape seed oil and eggs.
4. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Add paprika and cumin. Stir until thoroughly combined.
5. Divide dough into 2 pieces. Put one piece of dough between two sheets of parchment paper. Roll out the dough to desired thickness.
6. Remove top parchment paper and move dough to baking sheet. Cut into squares of desired size. Do the same with the other half of the dough.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly golden. Let crackers cool for 30 minutes. 


Inquiry of the Day:

Are you a fan of spicy foods?

I most definitely am. I love hot sauce, curry, hot fries, and just about anything spicy. As long as it's not too spicy. My dad cannot have a meal without hot sauce. I swear. He puts it on almost everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media