Get In Touch

Monday, August 20, 2012

Peeta (Pita) Bread

Share it Please
So today I tried to make pita bread using this recipe, except I replaced the eggs with flax eggs.

I didn't work.

I failed miserably.

The pita bread wasn't at all like pita bread. That doesn't mean it tasted bad, though! It smelled, looked, and tasted good all the same. I bet if you tried to make this with regular eggs it would work better, because it would make the bread more fluffy. Well, lesson learned, I guess. Do NOT make pita bread with flax eggs.

You're probably wondering why I titled this recipe "Peeta" Bread. Well, it's because The Hunger Games DVD comes out in 22 days! I'm super excited! As soon as I get the DVD I shall watch it over............ and over.................... and over............................... and over...............etc. I loved that movie (if you can't already tell).

I'm getting side-tracked. Here's the pita bread recipe:

2 eggs
1/2 c. water
2 T. oil or melted butter
1/2 c. almond flour
2 T. coconut flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. salt

1. Mix eggs, water, and oil together.
2. Combine with the dry ingredients.
3. Divide into 4 equal portions on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Spread evenly.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F. For 18-20 minutes.
5. Let cool, then cut in half and use a serrated knife to slice down the center to create a "pocket".
6. Stuff with peanut butter, jelly, hummus and veggies, or just eat plain!




Inquiry of the Day:

Did you like The Hunger Games movie or book better?

Personally, I almost liked the book better, because it had more of Peeta and Katniss together. I'm glad the movie got rid of all the gruesome parts (especially Cato's demise *shiver*). I'm really excited for Catching Fire, but, unfortunately the movie won't come out until November 23, 2013. I also hope they pick a really good person to play Finnick, because he was one of my favorite characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media