Get In Touch

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

To Everything There is a Season

Share it Please
When writing, I tend to get bored and can't spend more than half an hour sitting and writing. So, this novel I'm planning on finishing is going to take longer than I expected. I'd hoped to be finished by March. Now, that just seems unrealistic.

But maybe that's all for the best. After all, I'm not even in college yet. Maybe this trilogy I'm planning to write isn't meant to be, and I'll find a greater plot to develop.

For awhile, I wanted to get published before I finished school. I realize that I'm not experienced enough and my writing doesn't even compare to, say, J.K. Rowling's or Suzanne Collin's or even J.R.R. Tolkien's. They all went through much struggle to get their books published. It took a lot of rejections, tears, and sheer determination to be where they were (or are) today.

Perhaps I need to study a little longer and do a little more writing before I get published. Perhaps I need to gain more confidence, show my writing to the world, and learn to accept criticism (which I struggle with greatly). I'm not perfect. In fact, no one is, but I can work on my weaknesses.

Patience is a virtue. And I need to learn it. Nothing happens immediately, everything takes time. "To everything there is a season" as the saying goes.

I also need to learn how to take rejection and, when I'm rejected, not to give up. Not everyone is going to like my work and that's OK. People have different views and opinions and I need to learn to respect that.

So, all in all, I just need to roll with the punches and take things one day at a time. Every second is a gift and I need to honor that. Even if no one reads my blog, I will continue to write and pour out my heart to who ever will lesson.

  (But there is one thing that I will ask of you, will you go, right now, and like my FB page, please? Thanks!)


Inquiry of the Day:

Do you have a blog?

If you do, let me know in the comments and I'll go check it out. I promise. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media