Get In Touch

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Word Count Dragon & PB&J Oatmeal

Share it Please
As I was looking through the forums on the NaNoWriMo website one in particular caught my eye. It was titled "Word Count Dragon". Curious, I clicked on it. Basically the entry for the forum described making up a dragon that lives on the words you write. What a great idea! It's ingenious!

So, I came to my blog to describe my dragon to you.

Her name is Ella. She is purple and extremely tiny, about the size and thickness of a pencil. Her slenderness enables her to curl around my fingers as I type and each time I reach for the mouse to browse the Internet, she bites me. She can survive on 1,300 words a day, but prefers something closer to 1,600. She takes Saturdays off and occasionally Sundays. However, if I miss Sundays, I have to feed her extra the next day. She doesn't work on holidays either. Ella especially enjoys juicy adjectives and verbs. Her favorites are 'tangible', 'ostentatious', and 'charismatic'.

Not taken in the post quality light

As an update on where I am in NaNo, I made it to the half-way point yesterday! 25K words! I could hardly contain my excitement. Only 25,000 more words to go! Maybe by some stroke of luck, I'll be able to finish early.

My flavor of oatmeal for the day is peanut butter and jelly. Sorry for the sub-par photo, but taking pictures right before you get in the car to go to school is not a good time.

The oatmeal is even creamier with the sunflower seed butter, making it wonderfully rich and delicious. The jelly adds a tad bit of sweetness. I adore the combination of sweet and salty, so this is one of my favorite oatmeal flavors.

Much tastier than it looks!

Depending on what brand of nut/seed butter and jelly you use, you can have crunchy and tart oatmeal or smooth and strawberry oatmeal. My personal favorite is sunflower seed butter with cherry preserves. Oh, it's heavenly. When I'm feeling a bit courageous I'll use cashew butter and TJ's Superfruit Jelly (which is super tart).

Either way, this oatmeal is delicious and easy to make (like all my other oatmeal recipes).

1/2 c. cooked oatmeal
milk of choice
1 T. nut/seed butter
1 1/2 T. jelly or preserves of choice
pinch of salt

1. Reheat oatmeal in a small pot with a bit of milk (I use almond).
2. As always, if you prefer cold oatmeal or you just made oatmeal, skip the first step. When it comes to a boil, stir in nut butter and jelly.
3. Add salt to taste.
4.  Scoop into a bowl and enjoy!


Inquiry of the Day:

What's your dream oatmeal flavor?

Cinnamon roll? Cake batter? Red velvet? My dream oatmeal flavor is chocolate peanut butter pretzel. Oooh, that sounds soooo good. Or maybe caramel nut brownie. Yum!

Tomorrow's oatmeal involves something with cherries. Any guesses?
 

1 comment:

  1. So wait, you make your own dragon? :D
    Or is it a generator in another site...? XD

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media