Get In Touch

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Polka-Dot Pumpkin Mini Muffins

Share it Please
Some mistakes are just meant to be.

And I truly thought that these muffins weren't one of them.

As I was mixing up my pumpkin muffin recipe I thought I had grabbed the nutmeg, but I actually grabbed the cloves. And I put a teaspoon of cloves into my dry mixture.

My first reaction:

What did I just do?

Stolen from Veronica Roth's Tumblr
Then I realized that maybe I should just scrape a little bit off the top. So I did, but I still ended up with a little over half a teaspoon cloves in the batter.


And it was delicious! I swear! They added cloves gave the muffins an extra spiciness to them that complemented everything else perfectly. The muffins are moist, miniature, and marvelous. (Hehe, see what I did there?)

I highly recommend them and they are my new favorite way to use up leftover pumpkin. (My second favorite way will be coming soon. I promise.)


So for now, get in the kitchen and bake these muffins! You won't be sorry.


2 c. almond flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
heaping 1/2 tsp. cloves
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 c. honey
1/4 c. grape seed oil
3/4 c. pumpkin
3/4-1 c. chocolate chips

1. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients, sans pumpkin.
3. Add the wet to the dry and mix until thoroughly combined.
4. Add the pumpkin and the chocolate chips. Make sure the chocolate chips are evenly distributed in the batter.
5. Bake mini-muffins for 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees F. Bake regular muffins for 13-15 minutes.
6. Let cool for 15 minutes then dig in!


Inquiry of the Day:

Have you ever made a mistake that turned out great?

My mistakes are almost always, well, mistakes. Not much good comes out of them. Except I learn an important lesson then never do it again. This was one of those rare times where my mistake was an exceptionally tasty mistake. Yup, don't have too many of those. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media