Get In Touch

Monday, November 19, 2012

Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal

Share it Please
Cinnamon is the classic fall spice. I have no idea why, but it is. So what better why to celebrate fall than this oatmeal?


I used freeze-dried apples, because we bought a whole bunch of freeze-dried fruit from Costco and had no idea what to do with it. So, I put some in my oatmeal and they re hydrated beautifully. I bet you could use fresh apple, but it would be a tad crunchy.


It's so nice to have easy breakfasts like this. There's no need to worry about what to have and if there's enough time to make it.

If you're not a cherry or chocolate person, than this oatmeal is for you!


1/2 c. cooked oatmeal
milk of choice
little over 1/4 c. chopped apple or freeze-dried apple
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
sweetener to taste

1. Reheat oatmeal with a little bit of milk.
2. When the milk starts to bubble, stir in apples and sweetener.
3. Bring to a boil again.
4. Transfer oatmeal to a bowl and stir in cinnamon.
5. Top with more cinnamon, nuts, or even more apple!


Inquiry of the Day:

Do you like freeze-dried fruit?

Personally, I prefer the real stuff, but the apples and pears aren't bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media