Get In Touch

Friday, November 23, 2012

Gluten-Free Thanksgiving

Share it Please
Before all the food and guests

We had a very successful Thanksgiving at our house. The food was good, and so was the company. Of course, we weren't feeling so good afterwards (we could hardly move!), but with that set aside, it was great! And we ended up with a whole leftover turkey breast. Success!

Our Thanksgiving table

So with that said, here is a peek at our Thanksgiving table:

Turkey with TJ's Superfruit Jam:
Delicious to the max! The turkey was very moist, not dry, and the tartness from the jam complemented it perfectly. 


 I will once again lament the wonderfulness of this recipe. Something about roasting vegetables makes than taste tons better. 

Normally I don't like stuffing, but this wasn't half-bad. I picked out the mushrooms and we left out the apricots.


Calypso Salad: 
O'Charley's serves a salad called Calypso salad. It's comprised of spinach, grilled chicken, red onion, aged cheese (such as bleu or Gorgonzola), a sweet dressing, candied pecans, and dried cranberries. We used bacon, instead of chicken, and it all made for a very pretty salad. 


Obviously this was a MUST for me. And it was liked by all who took a piece. I topped the pudding with coconut cool whip.


This is the best pecan pie I've ever had. Of course, I haven't had many pecan pies, but this was just marvelous! We didn't put the ginger in, though, and I used this pie crust. I highly recommend this recipe!


Inquiry of the Day:

What did you have for Thanksgiving? Did you stay at your house or go somewhere else? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media