Get In Touch

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

Share it Please
I've decided to make a challenge. An oatmeal challenge. A different flavor every day for a week. Not very challenging, but sounds like fun right? And you don't have to use oatmeal! Any type of hot cereal will work. So tell me in the comments if your willing to join.


Today's flavor is pumpkin pie. All the spicy pumpkin-ness of the pie in a creamy bowl of oatmeal. It's pure deliciousness.  I don't eat as much oatmeal as the normal person so feel free to double or even triple the recipe.


This was the recipe I meant to post yesterday, but due to the snow and gray clouds we were having yesterday I couldn't take good pictures. >:( I'm not complaining about the snow, though! It was so beautiful! Some of accumulated on our porch and on the ground. It reminded me just how close to Christmas we are.

Okay, back to the oatmeal. This is one recipe you will not want to miss. It's easy, quick, and tasty. What more could you want for a weekday breakfast?

1/2 c. cooked oatmeal
milk of choice (I use sweetened vanilla almond)
1 T. pumpkin
1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
a little over 1/4 tsp. vanilla
sweetener of choice (I love to use maple syrup)
pinch of salt
 optional add-ins: extra cinnamon, nuts, chocolate chips, etc.

1. Reheat cooked oatmeal on the stove top with a little bit of milk.
2. When it comes to boil, take it off the stove and put it in a bowl.
3. If you like cold oatmeal or your oatmeal is fresh skip steps 1 and 2. Combine the pumpkin, spices, vanilla, sweetener, and salt with the oatmeal.
4.  Add anything extra you might want to put in and stir to combine.
5. Dig in!



Inquiry of the Day:

As the holidays are approaching, what kind of recipes would you like me to try to make?

Hot chocolate? Fruit cake? Chex Mix? Whatever you think let me know in the comments. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media