Get In Touch

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Date Power Truffles

Share it Please
Don't tell anyone this, but these are healthy. Yes, I know. They certainly don't like or taste like it. But they are. And they're oh so delicious.

These can be snacks or desserts or part of any meal if you want.
The perfect combination of dark chocolate and dates

My sister is a sugar addict. So I had to come up with something that was sugar-free but tasted just as good. What better thing to make than truffles? These taste so rich and chocolately it's hard to eat just one. So go ahead, splurge a little and eat the whole batch. ;)

3 c. almonds
2/3 c. chocolate chips
1 c. dates
1/3 c. ground flaxseeds or flaxseed meal
1/3 c. unsweetened shredded coconut (optional. I leave this out just because the rest of my family detests coconut)
2 T. instant decaf
1 T. cocoa powder
1 t. vanilla extract
2-3 T. honey

1. Process nuts and seeds to a fine meal. Add dates, chocolate chips, coconut, coffee, and vanilla. Process until mixture is ground fine.
2. With processor running, pour in honey and vigorously jiggle the processor back and forth to prevent caking and to ensure thorough incorporation of honey.
3. Place mix into appropriate-sized plastic storage bowl and freeze for at least 4 hours.
4. After the freezing time, put the mix back into the processor and process for about 30 seconds. Make a "test" truffle- if it holds together easily, the mixture is done; if not, add a bit more honey with the processor running and test again.
5. Then form 1" or less balls and place directly into plastic freezer storage container. These can also be made into bars


Inquiry of the Day:

Do you like no-bake treats?

I love no bake cookies. <3 I've only had a couple in my lifetime, but the ones that I have had were delicious. I also love Chocolate Covered Katie's larabars and fudge babies. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media