Get In Touch

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Blueberry Lemon Scones

Share it Please
(Change of plans. I was going to post a big long post about my health views, but I decided that I'll just post one of my favorite scone recipes. Oh, who am I kidding, I love them all! I'll post the other one tomorrow.)

Luscious lemons, juicy blueberries, nutty almond flavor.

Juicy blueberries

Those are the words that come to mind as I eat a blueberry lemon scone.

The blueberries are up to their antics again. They forced me to bake them into a delicious scone. I'm not complaining, though. 

Anyways, we bought dried blueberries from Costco and the bag was ginormous (as is everything from Costco). Sooooooo, I thought the perfect way to use 'em up would be to bake 'em. How else would I solve my problem?

3 little scones......

I love blueberries in cobblers, scones, and muffins more than I do plain. I guess that's because we always have bad luck in picking blueberries. They're always so sour. However, we managed to get a good bunch once and that was the end of our good luck streak. (BTW, I baked those too).


2 1/2 c. almond flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 flax "eggs"
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/3 c. agave
1/4 c. grape seed oil
2 T. lemon juice
1 tsp. zest
1/2 c. blueberries fresh, frozen, or dried

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix dry ingredients.
3. In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients, except for the lemon juice.
4. Combine the wet with the dry. Stir in lemon juice and zest and blueberries.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a spoon and knife make blobs of batter on the sheet, however big or small you like.
6. Bake for 13-15 min.


Inquiry of the Day:

How do you like to eat blueberries? Or, if you don't like blueberries, your favorite fruit?

I adore cherries. I eat those plain most of the time. But I love cobbler, pie, preserves, or basically any other cherry baked good. I love watermelon, too. Which I eat by the slice. Though, one of the days, I plan to make a sorbet out of it.   
They look good enough to eat! Immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media