Get In Touch

Monday, September 17, 2012

Cherry Almond Scones

Share it Please

Another one of my favorite scone recipes. The picture doesn't do it justice. In fact, they're all my favorites! I just can't pick one! Maybe you have a favorite, but I certainly do not. They're all my babies and how is a mother supposed to pick her favorite child?
WARNING: this is the worst picture of all time

Breakfast is possibly my favorite meal of the day. There are so many choices! And they're all so delicious! Pancakes, waffles, scones, muffins, omelets, casseroles, oatmeal, etc. Like I said, you can make a ton of stuff for breakfast. Which is why I've always been a fan of brunch. I love sharing good food with good company.

Evey Easter and Christmas we have lunch with both of my grandparents or just one pair. The house is always filled with the smell of eggs, bacon, and whatever scrumptious baked good my mom and I have made.

2 1/2 c. blanched almond flour
1/4 t. sea salt
1/2 t. baking soda
1 tsp. almond extract
1/3 c. grape seed oil
1/4 c. honey
2 large eggs
1 c. white chocolate chips
1 c. dried cherries, chopped

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 1 or 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper, depending on how big you like your scones.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, salt, and baking soda. In a medium bowl, whisk together the grape seed oil, honey, and eggs. Blend the wet ingredients with the almond flour mixture until completely combined. Fold in the white chocolate chips, cherries, and almond extract.
3. Drop the batter in 1/4 c. 2 inches apart on baking sheet if you like smaller scones. If, however, you like larger scones, scoop up batter in 1/4 c. with quite a bit of overflow and drop on baking sheet. This should make about 9 scones.
4. Bake for 12 to 17 minutes, until golden brown, or when toothpick inserted in center of scone comes out clean.
5. Let the scones cool for 30 minutes before serving. You should know by now that waiting for 30 minutes is almost impossible. So go ahead! Dig in!


Inquiry of the Day:

What is your favorite meal of the day? Why do you like it?

Obviously, mine is breakfast. Or dessert. Does dessert count?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media