Get In Touch

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream

Share it Please
I'm just the messenger in this post. If you want the original recipe head on over to Chocolate Covered Katie's blog. I'll just tell you what I put in mine.

As summer approaches, the one food that I've been craving for awhile now is ice cream. Smooth, creamy, rich, delicious ice cream. But dairy-free store bought ice cream is so darn expensive and they add a bunch of unnecessary gums.

CCK has a lot of ice cream recipes that can be made with the Vita-Mix, but the ice cream always turns into soup (at least, the way I made it did). So I gave up for a bit and just backed off ice cream. That was a very sad time in my life.

Finally, after many days of begging Mom bought an ice cream maker. It is the best investment we've ever made.

The Cuisinart ice cream maker is my new best friend, my new baby, nothing can separate us. So to test my baby, I pulled up CCK's recipes and tried it. The recipe I used is as follows and I highly recommend it.

1 c. almond milk (I use sweetened vanilla)
1 c. coconut milk
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
other optional add-ins such as: peanut butter, raw SunButter truffles, chocolate chips, peppermint extract, etc.

1. Mix all ingredients together except for add-ins.
2. Follow instructions for ice cream maker. Mine took about 15 minutes to make.
3. During the last 5 minutes, add extra ingredients.

This ice cream melts easily and would probably be better if frozen for a few hours. It still is delicious fresh from your ice cream maker, though. And besides, who has time to wait for heavenly ice cream when you can have it straight from the maker?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media