Get In Touch

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Raw PB&J

Share it Please


Originally, I was gonna post this recipe tomorrow. But they were so good I just couldn't wait!

Think of peanut butter and jelly in the form of a soft, delicious cookie. Yum, right? I'm seriously addicted to these. A-D-D-I-C-T-E-D!I had to stop myself from eating more than just one, because I was so full already.


I recommend doubling or tripling the recipe, because it only makes 9. That is not enough to feed my obsession. Not near enough!

You have to try these. You just have to. Your life will never be the same when you do.


2/3 c. dates
1 1/2 T. coconut butter
very scant 1/8 tsp. salt
1 T. almond butter
1/4 tsp. vanilla
grape jelly

1. Blend dates, coconut butter, and salt in food processor (I haven't tried this in the blender so I don't know how well it would work, but if you try it, let me know the results!)
2. Add almond butter and vanilla. Pulse until thoroughly combined.
3. Form mixture into 1" balls and place on a paper plate. Make a thumbprint in the middle of the cookie.
4. Freeze for 15-20 minutes.
5. When cookies are firm, place grape jelly in the thumbprint on the cookie.
6. Freeze again until firm.
7. Eat until all gone!!! (No need to share, unless your mom tells you to. Then you have to.)
                                        or
To make these completely raw, blend in dried cherries or raisins during stop 2. Freeze until firm.

Substitution Notes: You can replace the dates with prunes, raisins or any other dried fruit. I just vouch for the results since I've only tried dates. Coconut butter can be found at most health food stores, but be warned. It's very expensive ($12 a jar). So go here to find out how to make you're own. I suppose it can be replaced with more almond butter or maybe you can try omitting it completely. If you do, let me know how it works. The almond butter can be substituted for any nut or seed butter and the jelly for any kind of jelly or preserve. I used grape jelly and cherry preserves for mine. Please share in the comments if you try any of these! I'd like to know how they turn out!


Inquiry of the Day:

Do you like peanut butter and jelly? If not what kind of sandwich do you like?

When I was in elementary school, I would bring a PB&J for lunch almost everyday. I never got tired of it. It doesn't smell like tuna, or got slimy like ham, it stays perfect. Unless you put too much jelly on and it leaks through the bread. My sandwiches looked like zombie PB&Js' when that happened.

2 comments:

  1. I love that this doesn't actually have any nuts! But just a heads up, I don't think your link for making your own coconut butter is working/set up. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! Thanks! Here's the actual link: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/06/30/coconut-butter-and-coconut-oil/ I'm going to fix it right now. :)

      Delete

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media