Get In Touch

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Cinnamon Apple Muffins

Share it Please
These muffins are yummy. Especially with brown sugar on the top. But if your body doesn't handle sugar very well, don't worry, I have an excellent cinnamon topping recipe.

I got the idea for a cinnamon apple muffin when I was thinking of different types of muffins. One that specifically popped into my head were the cinnamon apple muffins from Perkins. They were absolutely delicious. Full of apples, cinnamon, rich brown sugar topping. Yum. However, they were full of gluten, sugar, and other bad things, I'm sure. So, I decided to get creative and make my own cinnamon apple muffins. They're just as good, if not, somewhat better.

I used the basis of all my muffin recipes to make these. So if you have any other good muffin or breakfast suggestions just let me know and I'll see what I can do.


2 c. almond flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 T. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
2 eggs
1/3 c. honey
1/4 c. grapeseed oil
1 apple, peeled and cored

Topping
1 T. grape seed oil
2 T. honey
1 T. cinnamon
       or
brown sugar to taste

1. Mix together almond flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium sized bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, beat eggs, grape seed oil, and honey together.
3. Add to almond flour mixture. Stir in diced apple.
4. Line mini muffin tin with cupcake liners or grease.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-17 minutes. Makes 22

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media