Get In Touch

Monday, August 20, 2012

Coconut Melties

Share it Please
For these I give all the credit to one of my favorite food bloggers- Chocolate Covered Katie! Now, normally I don't like coconut- blech. Something about the flavor turns me off, I don't know what, though. This recipe, however, is not too coconuty for my taste. It might be because the almond and cherries counteract the flavor of the coconut. I'm not sure.


Look at my pretty picture. The little melties all wrapped up like little chocolate truffles. How adorable! Now that I think about it, melties would be a great healthy dessert gift instead of those peanut butter cookies with the Hershey kisses or pretzels with the hugs and M&Ms pressed on to them. Don't get me wrong, I love those, but, well, there not extremely healthy. If only someone could healthify them. Hmmm.......

Anyway, pretty please try these! One of my favorite candies! (Besides Reese's, nothing can replace my love for chocolate and peanut butter!)

Almond Cherry Coconut Melties

1/4 + 1/8 tsp. almond extract
3/4 c. coconut butter- recipe here to make your own
2 tbsp chopped dried bing cherries (opt.)

1. Put the coconut butter in a bowl and stir until smooth.
2. Add the almond extract and cherries. Stir until thoroughly combined.
3. Evenly distribute the coconut mixture into ice cube trays, candy molds, or wax paper.
4. Refrigerate until hard or freeze for a few minutes if your super impatient like I am.
5. Enjoy


I also tried these with peppermint extract. Just as delicious. They were quite refreshing. I've been thinking about adding cinnamon, orange extract, lemon extract, or even cocoa powder to them. If you have any other ideas feel free to share in the comments section. For now, go and make these melties! :)

P.S. Sorry for the awful pic. I'm working on my photography for taking food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media