Get In Touch

Monday, August 20, 2012

Living With SMA Syndrome

Share it Please
I'm being completely upfront when I say this-

I hate it.

I hate it, I hate it, I hate it.

Imagine hardly ever getting hungry, feeling full all the time, nauseous, abdominal pain like knives stabbing you. It's hard to live a normal life when you're being plagued with these things.

I try really hard to ignore it. I try to be up beat and pretend like I have lots of energy but I don't. Mentally and physically, I'm exhausted. Being sick for almost a year can really take a toll on you. There were times when living didn't seem worth it. At all. I almost gave up once.

But then I thought, How selfish of me is that? My friends and family would never forgive me if I just went and died on them. How awful would that be for them? They care about me and my well being, so why would I give up after what they've done for me?

That was a scary day. But eventually I pulled myself from the valley and started making the strenuous climb to the top of the mountain. I made it to the top, now its a matter of getting over that hump and starting again. Fresh and renewed this time.

My climb down the mountain has been considerably easier than the climb up. I'm almost there, though. Even if I'm not 100% better, I know I'll get there soon.

My journey has taught me that sometimes life's gonna knock you down. But it's up to you to get back on your feet and change the direction you were walking in. No matter how long it takes for things to get better, they always do. It may be in their own time, but things will turn around.

And the most important life lesson I've gathered is to never give up hope. Never.

So if you're struggling with something now, remember, they're people who love and care about you. And they'll do anything and everything in their power to help you until you make a full recovery and can stand back on your feet.



P.S. Sorry for such a dreary post, I just needed to get that out of my system. Tomorrow, I promise, will be happier. I mean, what could be happier than a new recipe? A new muffin recipe at that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media