Get In Touch

Friday, May 9, 2014

Peanut Butter Jelly Muffins

Share it Please

I've been a little peanut butter obsessed lately. I even dream about the stuff, wondering what I could put it in next. Like pancakes, for instance. Now that was an amazing decision, right there. Peanut butter pancakes with chocolate chips? Ah-mazing! (For those who are wondering, I used this pancake recipe and added a 1/2 cup of peanut butter and dark chocolate chips.)


Seeing as how peanut butter and jelly is my favorite kind of sandwich (or maybe it's peanut butter and honey....), I've been looking for ways to recreate my beloved sandwich without the bread. Not that I'm against using gluten free bread, but it's so expensive. And dry. They only way to make it taste good is to toast or grill it. But whatever.

Unlike gluten free bread, these muffins are anything but dry. They're super moist with a somewhat crunchy top, loads of peanut buttery flavor, and a thin layer of jelly to remind you of the peanut butter jelly sandwiches of your youth. You don't even have to fill them jelly. In fact, you could add chocolate chips to the batter or leave them plain and top with honey. Any way you decide to make 'em, they'll be delicious.


Slightly off topic, but I can't believe Mother's Day is here already. It seems like just a couple weeks ago it was March and I had plenty of time to plan Mother's Day. Now, I have two days. And I am not ready at all. Whose idea was it anyways to make Mother's Day on a Sunday? How are you supposed to have Mother's Day brunch if you're at church? I mean really. I have to get up early on a normal week, but this week I have to wake up even earlier. Ugh. Even though making breakfast for my mother complicates things a little bit, I still like to do it and if that means waking up at an ungodly hour in the morning to beginning cooking for the day, then I'll do it. My mom is an amazing person and I don't know what kind of person I'd be without her. She lifts me up when I'm down, is good for just talking to, and is supportive of everything I do. (And no, I'm not just saying that because she reads my blog ;) Mothers really do deserve this special day of the year, because they do so much for us and sacrificing one Sunday morning a year to show my appreciation for my mom is definitely worth it.  

And I'm pretty sure any mom would appreciate these muffins for breakfast for in bed. ;)

2 c. almond flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 c. coconut oil, melted
3-4 T. honey, depending on how sweet of a muffin you want and how much (if any sweetener) is in your pb
3/4 c. nut or seed butter, of choice
splash almond milk
12 tsp., divided, jam or jelly of choice (I used Trader Joe's Superfruit Jam)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners or grease well.
2. In a large bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
3. Add the eggs, melted coconut oil, honey, and nut or seed butter to the dry mixture. Stir well to combine. Stir in your splash of almond milk.
4. Divide the batter in half and fill your cupcake liners a little under halfway full.
5. Spread a teaspoon of jelly over each muffin.
6. Divide the remaining batter among the muffins.
7. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.



Inquiry of the Day:

What are your plans for Mother's Day?

I'm making breakfast for my mom (obviously) and my grandma was kind enough to invite us over to dinner. But I'm in charge of dessert. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media