Get In Touch

Friday, May 30, 2014

Best Burgers Ever

Share it Please

I feel like I've been posting a lot of burger recipes lately. But it's that time of year isn't it? The time when you break out the grill and cook basically everything you can on it. It minimizes the amount of pots and pans you have to use, plus it makes everything taste amazing. Like pineapple. Pineapple is delicious by itself, but when you grill it, it becomes a million times better.


This recipe was kind of an accident to be honest. I was making pickle chips one night and I had leftover egg mixture so I dumped it into the burgers, added some crushed potato chips, and hoped that they would turn out all right. They actually turned out to be some of the best burgers I've ever had. Crispy on the outside, while still remaining juicy on the inside. They're packed with flavor and the perfect vehicle for all your favorite condiments. And did I mention how thick and juicy these babies are? Really. It's unbelievable.

On a separate note, school's finally over! Hurrah! No more math tests, history lessons, or packing lunches. :) Well, okay, I have to take PE over the summer and read a couple books, but, other than that, no more school. Seriously, though. How do you take an online class for PE? And then have a final exam over it? I work out 5 days a week, isn't that enough? Apparently not. Oh well, I'd rather take the class during the summer than during the school year. I shudder just thinking about the locker room...


Okay, that may or may not have ruined your appetite. (Thinking of sweaty clothes and gross showers makes me kind of nauseous myself.) I apologize. But you should still go make these burgers anyways. ;)

2 lbs. ground beef or pork (we used pork)
2 tsp. BBQ seasoning
2 eggs
2 T. almond flour
2 T. tapioca starch
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. hot sauce
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. crushed potato chips

1. Combine the eggs, almond flour, tapioca starch, garlic powder, hot sauce, Worcestershire, pepper, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk until pretty much smooth. If there are some lumps that's okay. '
2. Add your ground meat of choice and BBQ seasoning. Stir until just combined.
3. Fold in the crushed potato chips.
4. On a cutting board lined with wax paper, shape the meat mixture into eight thick patties. They should be about 2-3 inches high and about 3-4 inches across. These make ginormous burgers people. Don't say I didn't warn you.
5. Grill on direct medium heat for about 6 minutes a side. Or you can pan fry them for about the same amount of time per side.
6. Serve with ketchup, mustard, BBQ sauce, pickles, pesto, aioli, really it's up to you.



Question of the Day:

Did you ever have to take summer school? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media