Get In Touch

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Gingerbread Muffin in a Mug

Share it Please
This Christmas season, I'm looking for anything I can make into a gingerbread flavor: muffins, cookies, drinks, etc. I love gingerbread, obviously. Probably because I love the taste of molasses and ginger. Combine the two tastes and you get an amazing Christmas-y taste.


Muffin in a mugs are also one of my favorite things. They're quick and easy and great for days when you don't feel like making a whole batch of muffins. In other words, for those of you that have finals coming up *raises hand* and need a quick snack, here it is. You can thank me later. ;)

Speaking of finals, I'm feeling pretty confident this year. Okay, maybe not in science, but for the rest of my subjects I think I'm going to do pretty good. (Knock on wood.) Especially my math final. At the beginning of the year I was like "Oh my gosh, how am I going to remember all of this?". I did remember most of it, actually. I'm proud of myself for remembering. And I don't think it's very hard now, so hopefully I'll ace this test.


I'm so sorry. I probably bored you all to tears (who wants to hear about math?). I think I'll stop typing now so you can enjoy the muffin recipe. ;)

1/4 c. almond flour
3/4-1 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
pinch salt
1 egg
1 T. oil or butter, melted
2 tsp. black strap molasses
1 tsp. honey or agave
liquid stevia, to taste (opt.)

1. Combine the egg, oil, molasses, and honey. Beat the egg well.
2. Add the almond flour, ginger, cinnamon, and salt. Stir until mixed thoroughly, then taste to see if it's sweet enough for you. If not, add a couple drops of stevia.
3. Grease a mug. Pour batter into the mug.
4. Cook in the microwave on high for 1 minute. If it's not done, cook for an additional 20 seconds.
5. Top with butter, coconut butter, or anything else you can think of.



Inquiry of the Day:

Do you like math?

Personally, I'm not a big fan of math. But I'm okay at doing it, so I don't complain about it too much. However, if you ask my mom, she'll probably tell you something completely different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media