Get In Touch

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Vegan Blueberry Peach Muffins

Share it Please
Due the fact that I'm short on time, I'm just going to repost one of my old recipes. I like to avoid doing this but I'm going to make an exception for this week and return to my regular posts by next Sunday. And you should be excited for the new recipes I've created. ;)

 Okay, I promise this'll be the last muffin recipe for awhile. (That is, unless y'all want more????) But I swear that these are so one of the best muffins you'll ever eat. In fact, they're my favorite muffin recipe of all time.


A week or so ago, my mom bought a ton of fresh peaches and blueberries from the farmer's market. They blueberries were so good I just knew they had to be put in a muffin. (I think that baking blueberries brings out their natural sweetness, which is why I love blueberry muffins so much.)

So I hope you can forgive me for posting another muffin recipe, but I urge you to try it. Seriously. Go ahead.

Oh, and did I mention they're vegan too?


2 c. almond flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 T. cinnamon
2 flax or chia "eggs"
1/4 c. grape seed oil
1/3 c. honey
1/2 c. blueberries
1/2 c. peaches, peeled and diced

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Whisk flaxseed meal in a bowl with water. Let sit for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Combine dry ingredients.
4. Add oil and honey to flax egg.
5. Add wet ingredients to dry. Add blueberries and peaches. Stir until thoroughly combined.
6. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners or grease with oil. Fill cupcake liners until 2/3 full.
7. Bake for 20-23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.


Substitution Notes: Replace the flax eggs with real eggs if you want. The grape seed oil can be subbed for any other you normally use for baking (i.e. vegetable, canola, coconut, etc.) and the honey for agave or maple syrup. If you don't want peaches bump up the blueberries to 1 c. or vice versa.


Inquiry of the Day:

Have you made a trip to the farmer's market yet this year?

Sad to behold, we've only gone twice. I usually love going to the farmer's market, but it always seems to slip my mind........

6 comments:

  1. I live next to a Farmer's Market so I go every Saturday. It's pretty cool.

    I don't think I know this recipe from before so I'm pretty excited about it. I Love that it is vegan and grain free =D Sounds absolutely delicious! Will try it out this weekend for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is pretty cool! I live about 15 minutes away from a farmer's market, but, unfortunately, haven't gone in about three weeks. :( I'm going next Saturday for sure! I miss my fresh produce!

      Delete
  2. I've never actually seen this recipe before! I love pretty much anything with blueberries, so I can't wait to try it!
    There's a farmer's market about thirty minutes away from me, so we go about every two-threeish weeks!The fruits there are really fresh and tasty, and they also have some of the strangest things there. Once I saw a yellow watermelon there...it was crazy:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love blueberries, too. Especially blueberry cobbler! Yum! :)
      I saw a yellow watermelon is Trader Joe's once. It was okay... but I like regular watermelon better. ;)

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry I haven't been commenting lately!! Anyway, these look really good:) I'd bet they're super yummy!
    The nearest farmers market for us is about an hour away, so we don't go very often:/ I wish we had one nearer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ok! :D I don't want people to feel obligated to comment.
      I'm sorry that your farmer's market is so far away. :( But, as my dad would say, the wait probably makes the food all the more better.

      Delete

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media