Get In Touch

Thursday, June 27, 2013

"PB" Chocolate Chip Nut Balls

Share it Please
I've always been a fan of the peanut butter chocolate combination. They're my two favorite foods. And when you combine them? Wonderful, magical things happen to my taste buds. It's no wonder why my favorite candy is chocolate peanut butter cups.


The nut balls (I really need to find a better name for them...) kind of remind me of Reese's. Same flavor, just different texture. And I'm okay with that. The taste is what I like best anyways. ;)

These nut balls are all peanut butter tasting with pieces of chocolate in almost every bite. Kinda like peanut butter cookie dough with chocolate chips. The best part is, these are easy to make and only have 6 ingredients! They're also perfect for the pickiest of eaters. My sister's friends is one of the pickiest eaters I know and she loved these. Score!


Lately I've been trying to decrease the amount of dessert I've been eating (birthdays, vacations, and weekends all start to add up), but when a chocolate craving strikes I need chocolate. Bad. I wanted to make something small that satiated my craving and these do perfectly.

1/2 c. chopped dates
1/2 c. walnuts
1/2 c. almonds
2 T. nut or seed butter of your choice (I used TJ's sunflower seed butter)
1/2 T. cocoa powder
pinch salt
3-4 T. chocolate chips
optional: 2 T. of chia seeds or flax seeds

1. Add the dates and the nuts to a food processor and blend until they reach a coarse consistency.
2. Then add the nut or seed butter, cocoa powder, and salt. At this point, you can add the chia seeds or flax seeds if you want. Pulse to combine. 
3. Stir in the chocolates then form into balls or bars.
4. Freeze for at least 20 minutes then enjoy!



Inquiry of the Day:

Can you come up with a better name besides nut balls? That's what they are (ground nuts and fruit in the shape of balls), but the name just does not sound appetizing...

6 comments:

  1. Healthy balls with chocolate and PB that taste like peanut butter cups, you've got me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look super fun! You should add them to the Go Ahead Honey It's Gluten Free event over at And Love it Too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll definitely check that out.

      Delete
  3. Oooh these sound great! They are pretty healthy and easy to throw together - my favourite combination =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's my favorite combination, too. I love easy recipes. :)

      Delete

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media