Get In Touch

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

My Happiness Project

Share it Please
Recently, I've decided that I'm going to start my own Happiness Project. Okay, you're probably thinking, what is a happiness project? A happiness project is just like it sounds, a project about happiness. And there is a story about how I found out about it.


Last April, we were in Maryland visiting my aunt, and we took a just-girl's afternoon trip to the thrift store. Didn't really find many clothes, but I did find two books. One of which was The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. This September, I finally got around to reading it and I decided that I could probably benefit from doing one.

Each happiness project is unique to the individual, because happiness is different for each person (for more information about The Happiness Project visit Rubin's website at happiness-project.com).

My project is starting this November. I've made a set of resolutions to follow everyday and monthly resolutions as well. November's theme is Passion. My passion is writing, cooking, and photography so these are my resolutions for next month: write a novel, take more pictures, blog at least 6 days a week, spend more time in the kitchen (creating recipes, not doing dishes), and to write EVERY SINGLE DAY. That last one is a tough-y for me, because I tend to put off stuff like that. Each month I'll also post the theme for that month and its resolutions.

Oh and did I mention that I'm going to write that novel in a MONTH?!?! Yup, 50K words by November 30th. I'm doing this through the National Novel Writing Month program (NaNoWriMo for short). So wish me luck! I have a friend who's doing it, too, so that might make things a little easier.


I also signed up to participate in the Gluten Free Ratio Rally. In case you haven't heard of it, it was thought up by Shauna Ahern of Gluten Free Girl. Each month, a different blogger hosts it with a different theme. The whole concept is to come up with a gluten free baked good using ratios. Eeek! I know next to nothing about ratios! Ah, oh well, there's only one way to learn. ;) I'll post more information about that when I get it.

So, as you can see, I'll be a pretty busy girl this next year! One of my daily resolutions is to make rash decisions. Have I succeeded yet? You tell me.

 Again, wish me luck, and Happy Halloween!

P.S. I'm still working on that 3 Musketeers recipe and hopefully I'll have a Candy Recipe Round-Up posted either this or next week.


Inquiry of the Day:

What are some positive rash decisions you've made these past few months?

My body decided to make a rash decision a few weeks ago and not sleep at all one night >:( Bad idea. I don't recommend it unless you'd like to be a zombie the next day. Or grumpy.

4 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to read the Happiness Project! It's on my winter read-list for after school is done! Best of luck on the novel too. That is so admirable! I am sure it will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really inspiring and thought provoking book. I liked it a lot, but it took a while to read, because some of the chapter's were kinda long and it was a lot to take in. So much information!

      Thanks for the encouragement on the novel! And, awwww, you think I'm admirable! :*) Thanks again and have a great rest of the week!

      Delete
  2. Ooo I'm working on a Kindness Project in November, but I think I'll have to do a Happiness Project next! Great job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your Kindness Project goes well! I'm curious, though. What does a Kindness Project entail?

      Thank you for all support. You have no idea how much it means to me to have a reader as dedicated as you are. Thanks a ton! :D

      Delete

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media