Get In Touch

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Apple Cider Slushie

Share it Please
I've had upper respiratory junk this week. :( Lots of phlegm, lots of coughing, and lots of sinus headaches. Oh, do I ever have a complicate relationship with fall. I love it, but hate the allergies and sickness.

Anyways, the only things that have been sounding good are cold foods and drinks. Like apple cider, grape juice, almond milk, Popsicles, ice cream, etc. Foods that would feel good on my throat. So mainly, I've been craving sugar, which is not good. I've been trying to get myself to want healthier foods. Instead of having grape juice the other day, I had water. It was hard, but I did it.

But on Tuesday, I caved.

I had to make an apple cider slushie. I was feeling like crap and thought that I deserved it.
One of the hardest things I've ever had to photograph


Apple cider slushies are something that I've associated as a special treat that my sister and I get when we go to the apple orchard. But since we got our ice cream machine, they are now more than just a special beverage we can only buy at the apple orchard. Whenever we have cider I can make them now! And its especially nice at the moment since my throat's been hurting; they've been just the thing to help ease the pain a little.

4 c. apple cider*
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. cardamon
1/8 tsp. cloves

*omit spices if cider is already spiced

1. Mix together cider and spices in a large bowl or 4 c. measuring cup.
2. Pour into ice cream machine.
3. Mine took about 10 minutes to make a slushie consistency, but yours could take more or less time depending on the brand of ice cream machine you have. I use a Cuisinart.
4. Enjoy!


Cool and refreshing, the picture doesn't do it justice

Inquiry of the Day:

Have you been suffering from anything lately? Allergies? A cold? Strep throat?

Like I said, sore throat and coughing is what has been going on around here. It's really not fun.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media