Get In Touch

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Chinese-ish Burgers

Share it Please
I know, I know. Chinese-ish isn't a word. But a teacher at my school says that if you can pronounce it and spell it, it's a word. So there.


Anyways, burgers are an amazing thing. They are so versatile, easy to make, and lots of fun to dress up. Plus, with the weather warming up, we can finally start grilling again! Yay! Grilled burgers > pan fried burgers. It's just a fact. My absolute favorite burger is a pork burger with barbecue sauce, white cheddar, onion, pickles, and a leaf of Boston lettuce. However, sometimes you get bored. Or sometimes you have almost the exact same burger for lunch, even though, unbeknownst to you, you're having burgers for dinner. That was my dilemma. I was bored. Which happens a lot now that I think about it.

Not wanting to succumb to a plain Jane burger again, I began to think about what a good recipe might be, that's unique, easy, but with a little bit of flavor. These fit the bill. With just a few simple ingredients you can create a burger that's got a hint of brown sugar, soy sauce, and ginger. It all comes together for a wonderfully different burger without sacrificing any of the taste.


Usually, main dish meals aren't my forte, but occasionally I'll come up with a good one that's worth keeping. I can almost guarantee you that this recipe is worth keeping.

1 lbs. ground pork or beef
1 egg, beaten
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. cayenne
1/4-1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. pepper
3 T. gluten free soy sauce (I used Bragg's liquid aminos)
1 1/2 T. brown sugar or coconut palm sugar
1 tsp. sriracha

1. Combine your ground meat of choice and egg together.
2. Add spices, soy sauce, sugar, and sriracha. Stir together until just combined. The more you stir, the tougher your meat gets.
3. Divide the meat into four sections and form each section into a patty. You want to make them a lot burger than you think is necessary. They'll shrink a lot.
4. Grill or pan fry for about 4-5 minutes aside, depending on how thick your burgers are.
5. Serve with lettuce, onion, sriracha, terriyaki sauce, or whatever you would like.



Inquiry of the Day:

What's your favorite way to eat a burger?   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media