Get In Touch

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins

Share it Please
Moist muffins with a hint of cinnamon and pieces of dark chocolate in every bite.


Normally, my dad would be all over these. Chocolate muffins? What's not to like? Well, nothing, except for the zucchini. Yes, my father is one of those strange people who refuses to eat vegetables in his baked goods. But pumpkin is okay to have in them for some strange reason. *rolls eyes* This can be difficult at times, however, it also means more zucchini muffins for my mom, sister, and me.

One of my lifelong goals is to trick him into eating dessert with vegetables in it. So far, it hasn't worked. :\ But I haven't lost hope! Not quite yet.


Anyways, when I was younger, the thought of zucchini in muffins or cookies disgusted me. Until my mom made zucchini cookies. They were soft, had a delicious vanilla glaze on the top, and didn't taste like zucchini at all. I loved those cookies.  (And I really need to make a Paleo version of them.)

One day my mom served them to me and a couple of friends who stayed after school that afternoon. Those friends were picky eaters. And I mean really picky eaters. Yet, they like the zucchini cookies, too! Despite the green specks and everything! My dad, who normally isn't that picky, refused to try them. I've always thought this was pretty ironic.


So that wasn't at all related to zucchini muffins, but the cookies did have zucchini in them, so it was indirectly related.

2 c. almond flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 eggs
1/4 c. coconut oil
1/4 c. honey
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2-1 c. shredded zucchini
heaping 1/2 c. chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
2. Mix together the first four ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
3. Add the eggs, oil, honey, and vanilla. Stir well to combine.
4. Fold in the zucchini and chocolate chips.
5. Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full.
6. Bake for 13-16 minutes.
7. Let cool for 15 minutes.



Inquiry of the Day:

Do you know anyone who absolutely refuses to have vegetables in their baked goods?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media