Get In Touch

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Frozen Mochachino

Share it Please
As the temperature in Indiana is getting in the 90s one last time (hopefully), I'm taking advantage of the hot weather and drinking/eating as many cold things as I can. Iced coffees, Paleo fudgesicles, watermelon, smoothies, etc. I figure, why not? I most likely won't be having these things in the fall and winter so might as well eat them while it's still warm outside.  


 We actually started making this recipe soon after we got our Vita-Mix. I don't know if all Vita-Mixes have this, but ours came with a packet with recipes in it. Some of the recipes were from the Vita-Mix company and others were from employees. Our favorite recipe that we tried was the mochachino. Of course it wasn't Paleo so I finally got to making a Paleo version a few weeks ago and it is just as tasty.

So what exactly is a mochachino? Basically, it's just coffee and hot chocolate combined. And it's really delicious. I mean, what's not to like? This is the perfect drink for coffee lovers and for who people who don't like coffee, as well. The chocolate and coffee come together to create a different, yet still delicious, iced drink.


My favorite part of all coffee drinks is the foam on top. But I hadn't figured out how to make it for myself until a few weeks ago. It's actually really simple. All you have to do is throw the ingredients into a blender, give it a spin, and viola! Foam!

I hope you guys enjoy this homemade coffee shop drink as much as the rest of my family did. :D 


2 c. milk of choice (I used a combination of almond, coconut, and a little bit of heavy cream)
1 1/2 T. instant coffee
3 T. unsweetened cocoa powder
2 T. honey
1 tsp. vanilla
6-8 ice cubes
optional: whipped cream

1. Add all of the ingredients to a blender and give it a whirl.
2. Scoop the foam off the top and reserve. Divide the rest of the drink between three glasses and garnish with the reserved foam.
3. Add whipped cream and/or chocolate syrup and enjoy!



Inquiry of the Day:

Are you ready for fall or wishing it was still months away?

To be honest, I'm ready for fall. Though, that might be partly because that's when my birthday is... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media