Get In Touch

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Almond Joy Larabars

Share it Please
You know, I'm surprised the Larabar company hasn't made Almond Joy flavored Larabars yet. It probably has something to do with trademarks, but they still should make an almond, coconut, chocolate Larabar. Yum. I'd buy that all the time.


The problem, to me, with Larabars is that they're high in sugar. One little Larabar can contain up to 22 grams! That's why I only use them for emergencies.

But the good news is you can make your own Larabars with less than half the amount of sugar of a regular Larabar! Yay! They're easy to make, quick, and taste amazing. You can also customize them to your liking and come up with new flavors. Like these Almond Joy ones.


These bars have the perfect balance of almond, chocolate, and coconut. One ingredient doesn't overpower the other and they aren't super sweet. Plus, the coconut gives you lots of fat, you know, the kind that's good for you. ;)
 
1 c. almonds
1/2 c. dates, chopped
1/2 T. nut or seed butter of your choice
4 T. coconut butter
2 T. shredded coconut
2 T. cocoa powder
pinch salt

1. Add your almonds and dates to a food processor and blend them into a coarse meal.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and blitz until smooth.
3. Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper. Add the Larabar mixture to the pan and smooth it out until it's even.
4. Freeze for 15-20. If you want you can take them out at this point and wrap them up individually. That's what I did. Or you can just leave them in the freezer.



Inquiry of the Day:

What's your favorite Larabar flavor? Any new Larabar flavors you'd like me to make? 

I love the chocolate coconut chew and the lemon. They're my absolute favorites.

5 comments:

  1. Oh holy crap... I don't know why they haven't made that flavour yet, but I'm sure glad you posted this recipe for it!!!! YUM =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. my dad is going to flip over these. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My family thinks their amazing, too, and we have to ration them out so they're not gone in a day. ;)

      Delete
  3. YUM! I adore Larabars!These I MUST try:)
    My favorite flavor is probably Chocolate Chip Brownie, because it's the one that made me fall in love with Larabars :)Also, you can never go wrong with chocolate!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media