Get In Touch

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Day One of Paleo Month

Share it Please
We started eating Paleo yesterday and I have to say it wasn't so bad. I ate a lot more veggies than I usually do and felt great about everything I was eating. Originally, I meant to take pictures of all my meals, but obviously that didn't happen. I'll try better today.


Yesterday, for breakfast we had pancakes (We used the frozen waffle recipe from the Eat Like a Dinosaur cookbook. For future reference, they're better waffles.) and chicken apple sausages from Trader Joes. Even though the pancakes got kinda burnt they were still tasty with maple syrup. But, then again, what isn't tasty with maple syrup? ;)

For lunch, we had guests, so we served this filling for spring rolls. We used that filling and rice wrappers on New Year's Eve to make spring rolls. But rice isn't allowed on the Paleo diet, so we just made the filling. It had cabbage, carrots, ground turkey, fish sauce, soy sauce (even though soy isn't allowed on the Paleo diet, we used Bragg's because basically none of the harmful stuff in soy is in Bragg's amino acids), onion, ginger, and garlic. I wrapped mine up in a Boston lettuce leaf taco-style. It was even better than the rice wrappers!

For dinner, it was our breakfast-for-dinner night, so we had the zucchini latkes from, again, the Eat Like a Dinosaur cookbook, and omelets. I had a very interesting omelet. It had roasted butternut squash and red bell pepper in it. I have to say, it was really good! I dipped some in balsamic vinegar and that really brought out all the flavors.

Today, I'll do better to take more pictures. We already had breakfast and I failed to take a picture of that, but hopefully I'll remember lunch and dinner.

I also want to start revising my novel today. I was hoping to print it out yesterday, but I didn't have time. For those of you that don't know or remember, I wrote a novel in November (I participated in National Novel Writing Month) and then I took a month off. I didn't touch my novel during that month. Some of you are probably asking, "but wouldn't you have started revising at the beginning of January?" Yes and no. I finally finished writing my whole novel on December 20th, so that is why I'm starting to revise now. I can't wait to get started!

Oh, and we have freakishly cold weather in Indiana now. It's like three degrees outside right now. Brrrrr!

Okay, I think I'm done rambling. :)

Inquiry of the Day: 

Is it cold now where you live?

If it isn't, I envy you! It's not even snowing now! I'm not a happy person when it's cold and there's no snow. 
 

4 comments:

  1. Glad the first day went well. It doesn't sound too bad ;p
    I think I missed mention of your novel previously (or I started following your blog during your break maybe), what is it about?
    And it is not cold where I am. I live in Northern California. But I moved 6 months ago from Southwestern Ontario where I had 29 COLD winters ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually hasn't been so bad. I was kinda surprised.

      My book is about a teenager girl named Selena who goes across the Midwest to get medicine for her dying sister. It's a dystopian novel.

      Thanks for commenting! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous1/22/2013

    Cool!
    It's coooold in Massachusetts too!!I wish it weren't, because I'm definitely a summer person!!!:)
    I have never heard of a Paelo diet..hmm...I'll have to google that!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind winter as long as snow comes with it. ;)

      A Paleo diet is almost the exact opposite of a vegan or vegetarian diet. The one thing the two diets agree on are lots of vegetables! Vegetarians and vegans get their protein and fiber from beans and whole grains mostly, but the Paleo diet emphasizes lots of meat! According to the Paleo diet, there are several things in whole grains, dairy, and legumes (phytic acid, lectins, anti-nutrients, etc.) that make these things bad for you. Sorry for such a long reply. Hope you have a great weekend and thanks for commenting!

      Delete

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media