Get In Touch

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

National Pancake Day! :D

Share it Please
Today is national pancake day! And if that's not a reason to celebrate I really don't know what is. ;)

I actually didn't have pancakes today. I had them yesterday. But I did have a waffle today. Does that count?


What's really ironic is that today is Pancake Tuesday (also known as Fat Tuesday, which is what I call it) for many people who participate in Lent. And it's also national pancake day. How cool is that!?! I love it when strange, yet good, coincidences happen. And we can all agree that pancakes are a good reason.

Speaking of Lent and Fat Tuesday, I'm giving up all forms of sweets. That means, no honey, agave, stevia, or sugar of any kind. Only fruit. And the protein powder that we buy. I'm kind of nervous about it. I mean, 40 days with no form of sugar at all? How am I supposed to sweeten my yogurt!


But I digress. It being national pancake day and all, I thought I'd share with you one of my favorite (and my only) pancake recipe. It has 2 main ingredients! And they're so easy to whip up you can have breakfast in about 15 minutes flat. Plus, if you cut the recipe in half it makes a single serving. And I think that single serving recipes are super adorable.

2 bananas, extremely ripe
4 eggs (or egg replacer of your choice)
1/4 tsp. baking powder (optional)
2 T. cocoa powder
toppings: peanut butter or other nut or seed butter, chocolate chips, whipped cream, maple syrup, etc.
oil for cooking

1. Blend together bananas, eggs, baking powder, and cocoa powder.
2. Heat a gridle over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the oil. I used coconut oil.
3. Ladle about a tablespoon of batter for each pancake. Cook until bottom is firm, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional minute.
4. Serve with your favorite toppings.



Inquiry of the Day:

Do you think single serving recipes are adorable? Or am I just weird like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media