Get In Touch

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins

Share it Please
The first thing you'll probably want to do when you see these muffins is eat your screen.

And if you do want to do that, I completely understand. The first thing I wanted to do when these muffins came out of the oven was devour them. Unfortunately, I would not only burn my tongue by doing so, but I also had to work out first. :(


These muffins are moist, chocolate-y and taste like a Reese's peanut butter cup in muffin form. Amazing, right? I originally got the idea from Perkins (which, in case you have no idea what Perkins is, is a restaurant that is mainly famous for their breakfast food and Mammoth Muffins) when my family went on Saturday to celebrate my grandma's birthday. My dad got the chocolate peanut butter Mammoth Muffin with his breakfast and I wanted one so bad that as soon as I got home I set out to recreate it. And I'm pretty sure this recipe is just as delicious, if not more so, than the original.


On a separate note, I think I'm going to complain about the weather. I mean, what is up with Indiana weather? Yesterday, it was 70 degrees and sunny and I was even wearing flip-flops. Today? It's snowing and only 30 degrees outside. Yeesh. You'd think the weather could make up its mind already. I'm officially done with winter, though, if you couldn't already tell. Hopefully by the spring equinox it'll actually be spring. But one can only hope.

2 c. almond flour
1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 large eggs
1 ripe banana, mashed
3-4 T. honey
1/4 c. coconut oil, melted
1/2 tsp. vanilla
12 tsp. peanut butter or other nut or seed butter, divided
crushed peanuts, for topping (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners or grease well.
2. Combine all your dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. In a separate small bowl, mash your banana. Then add the eggs, honey, coconut oil, and vanilla.
4. Add your wet ingredients to the dry and stir well to combine.
5. Drop a scant tablespoon of batter into each cupcake liner.
6. Then drop a heaping teaspoon of peanut butter into the center of the batter. Do not spread, just let it sit there in a ball.
7. Cover with an additional tablespoon of the batter. Top with crushed peanuts if so desired.
8. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.



Inquiry of the Day:

Are you ready for spring?

I can just feel the green grass under my feet, the warm rain, and see the budding trees and flowers. I am so excited to start wae capris, light jackets, and flip-flops again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media