Get In Touch

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Mexican Hot Chocolate

Share it Please
I have a confession.

The pictures aren't of Mexican hot chocolate. They're of regular hot chocolate. But, to be honest, they look practically the same, so I thought this picture would suffice.


Anyways, after having so many cups of hot chocolate, things start to get a little boring. Why not change it up a bit with this rich, spicy, and chocolatey recipe? After the 12 inches of snow and below zero weather we got last week I craved hot chocolate that would warm me up from head to toe. This recipe fits the bill!

A word of caution before you try this recipe is: It is spicy. You definitely do not want to add more cayenne than I call for. And if you're not a huge fan of spicy foods, I would recommend leaving it out. But keep the cinnamon! It adds a different flavor to normal hot chocolate and I am a huge fan of the two together.


As Valentine's Day is creeping closer towards us, I was wondering if you have any recipe suggestions. Any special recipes you usually have on Valentine's Day that you would like to see me recreate? I'm thinking about trying this recipe. I'll let you all know how it goes. ;)

2 1/4 c. almond milk (unsweetend) or light coconut milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c. cocoa powder
pinch cayenne pepper
scant 1 tsp. cinnamon
3 T. honey
liquid stevia, to taste
pinch salt

1. Blend all the ingredients together in a blender.
2. Pour into a small pot and heat on the stove until simmering.
3. Top with whipped cream and extra cinnamon, if desired.



Inquiry of the Day:

What other hot chocolate flavors have you tried? At Panera, they serve this salted caramel hot chocolate with chocolate chip marhmallows that is to die for. Maybe I'll make that sometime... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media