Get In Touch

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Inside Out Pork Burgers

Share it Please
I love burgers. Juicy, thick homemade burgers. Really. Nothing can beat them. Plus, you don't have to limit your toppings to just ketchup and mustard, there are a whole variety of toppings out there. For example, the swiss and 'shroom burger. Not my favorite, but, hey. Some people like it.


However, one thing remains pretty consistent with the cheeseburger- the cheese is on top. That can get a little boring, though, and sometimes the cheese doesn't get very melted or it's just a hassle to keep on the bun (or even on the burger if you don't use a bun like me). The solution? Stuffing the cheese inside the burger of course!

Trust me when I say that for some reason, having the cheese inside the burger makes it taste completely different and gives it a whole other level of flavor. The cheese inherits some of the smokiness from the grill and the burger tastes faintly of cheddar. Ahhh. Perfection. :)


Using ground pork instead of ground beef also takes these burgers to new heights. Pork tends to be more juicy and tender and not as tough as beef. Of course, I'm also biased for pork, but I really think pork tastes better as burgers than beef does.

And remember, don't limit your toppings to ketchup and mustard! Expand your horizons by using BBQ, spicy brown mustard, sriracha, thousand island dressing, ranch, be creative!

1 lbs. ground pork
1/2 tsp. black pepper
3/4 tsp. salt
white cheddar cheese or smoked gouda (I can't really give an exact amount for this, so just cut a bunch of cheese into slices or 1" cubes)

1. Stir together all the ingredients, except for the cheese.
2. From into equal sized patties. You want these burgers to be on the thicker side.
3. Place a slice of cheese onto the middle of each patty.  Be generous with the cheese! You want it oozing out the sides.
4. Fold the meat over the cheese.
5. Cook on the grill or stove top. I'm not going to give directions for this, because I'm terrible at grilling and cooking red meat on the stove. But I recommend going 3-4 minutes per side.



Inquiry of the Day:

Have you ever had a burger with the cheese inside of it instead of out?

I actually got the idea for this from a  restaurant. The burger was amazing and I knew as soon as took that first bite I would definitely have to try it at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media