Get In Touch

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Potato Chip Burgers

Share it Please
I'm pretty sure I've mentioned before that my grandpa grinds his own meat. And nothing can really compete with fresh, juicy burgers. Especially the frozen kind, which are like cardboard compared to homemade burgers. Even Trader Joe's and Costco don't match up to my grandpa's beef. Whenever I go over to their house they make burgers. And I eat them with my grandma's homemade pickles and the onions they grew in their humungous garden... Okay, so maybe I'm a little spoiled. ;)


Anyways, in my world, there are two kinds of burgers: thick and juicy and thin and crispy. Both kinds, to me, are delicious, but it really depends on what mood I'm in. A few days ago I was in a "thick and juicy" mood. And frozen Costco burgers are not thick and juciy.

So, after lunch I pulled out a frozen bag of ground beef and let it thaw all afternoon. When I tried to form it into patties, the meat just fell apart! I don't know what I expected really. Maybe for it to magically stick together. But, obviously, it did not. So what to bind it with? Potato chips. :)


I know, I know- techinally, potato chips aren't Paleo. But they're something my family splurges on. Probably not a good thing for my waistline, but I love them. ;) You could say I have an addiction, but I'm working on it. Trust me, too many carbs are not good for my "pipes" or my hips! As an occasional treat they're definitely healthier than McDonald's fries or something like that. These burgers are definitely a treat. Good thing they're healthy! ;)

1 lbs. ground beef (Or pork, chicken, turkey, etc. I don't know if any meat-less meat would work, but you can try! Maybe even use black beans or something like that)
1 egg (or flax egg)
1/4-1/3 c. finely crushed potato chips (for a Paleo version, try using crushed pork rinds)

1. In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredinets.
2. Form into patties. I made five fairly thick, but wide patties. However, you can shape them whatever way you want.
3. To cook them, you can either pan fry in a greased medium-high heat skillet (about 2-3 minutes per side, depending on the size and thickness of your burger) or grill them over high heat for about 2-3 minutes per side. Some pink on the inside of the burger is a good thing, you don't want them to be super tough and chewy.
4. Serve with a lettuce leaf for bun and whatever other toppings you want.



Inquiry of the Day:

What foods do you splurge on?

Sometimes, when my family goes out to eat, I'll order something that has grains in it or legumes, but for the most part I try to stay Paleo. I espeically like to splurge with Indian food. I love chick peas and their in almost every dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media