Get In Touch

Friday, September 21, 2012

Pumpkin Muffins

Share it Please
Spicy, crumbly, moist pumpkin muffin

Apparently, third time is a charm, because that's how long it took for me to perfect this recipe.

I have always loved pumpkin bread, muffins, cookies, whatever. As long as it was pumpkin, it was good. Oh, especially those pumpkin spice lattes they have in the fall at Starbucks. Delicious!

Anyways, we had a leftover can of pumpkin in the pantry from who knows when, and I decided the best way to use it up was to make some good old-fashioned pumpkin muffins. Even though fall is long gone, it just seemed appropriate to kick off the new season with these heavenly smelling muffins.

I had concocted my own recipe using the quick bread/muffin ratio of 2 parts flour/2 parts liquid/1 part egg/1 part fat. To start I used 224 grams of almond flour (roughly 2 cups), pumpkin and honey for the liquid, 2 eggs, and 1/4 c. of grape seed oil. This recipe evolved from that and what you see here is the final result. I really hope you enjoy these muffins, because I know my family did!

2 c. almond flour
1/4 t. salt
1/2 t. baking soda
2 t. cinnamon
1 1/2 t. nutmeg
1/4 t. cloves
1/4 t. ground ginger
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 c. grape seed oil
1/3 c. honey
3/4 c. canned pumpkin
3/4 c. dates
Optional: 1 c. walnuts, cinnamon chips, butterscotch chips, raisins, or even chocolate chips!


1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
2. Combine dry ingredients in order listed.
3. In a smaller bowl, mix together the eggs, grape seed oil, and honey. Combine the wet mixture with the dry mixture.
4. Mix together well, then add pumpkin. Stir until thoroughly combined. Fold in the dates.
5. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners or lightly grease. Pour scant 1/4 c. scoops into each liner. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Muffins are done when toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
6. Cool muffins for about 15 minutes, then serve.


Inquiry of the Day:

How will you be kicking off the start of the fall season?

I know I will be putting pumpkin in just about everything!

And please don't forget to say hi to me on Facebook by liking my page! Thanks! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media