Get In Touch

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day Weekend & A Special Dessert

Share it Please
My Labor Day weekend would've been awesome if it didn't rain so much >:( Stupid hurricane.

Anyways, my grandparents came over for lunch and they ate ribs while I had grilled chicken (still good, but not the same). We roasted some mushrooms, yellow squash, asparagus, and onions sprinkled with salt, olive oil, and rosemary. I picked out the mushrooms and the veggies were delish. Everyone else had salad and baked beans, too.

Ooey, gooey chocolate chips



For dessert I made Chocolate Covered Katie's Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie (wow, that's a mouthful). It was wonderful! They texture was gooey and rich with just the right amount of sweetness. The secret ingredient was.............. get ready for it.................. BEANS!

Can you believe it's made with beans?


I know it sounds ridiculous, but it was soooooo good. I'd meant to surprise my family (that is everyone except my mom), but my nosy sister looked into my notebook and found the recipe >:( She and Dad decided that they didn't want to eat it anymore. However, we came to an agreement that they would at least try it. Dad liked it, but didn't eat it because he knew what was in it. I was just like, "Whatever. More for me!" and dove into my piece.

I didn't tell my grandparents the secret until after they'd finished their slice. They didn't care and said they would eat it again! Yay! My mom actually requested it for her birthday. :D

Yum, chocolate chips :)

Another plus was that I hadn't had chocolate chips in months and I did fine with them today! Now I can have chocolate! Dairy free that is, but isn't that they way chocolate is meant to be?

Next time, I'm gonna try to make a pumpkin cookie pie or a cinnamon apple cookie pie. Oh, that sounds sooooooo good. But, for now, I'll finish the chocolate chip one. I think I might have it for breakfast tomorrow. ;)

And don't worry SCDers! I'm working on a version just for you guys. I promise it'll be just as tasty, even without the chocolate. 

Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie:

1 can of garbanzo or white beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 c. gf oats
1 c. dates
2 T. honey
1/4 + 1/8 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
2 T. unsweetened applesauce
1/4 c. milk of choice (I used rice)
1 1/2 T. grape seed oil
1/2 T. vanilla
little over 1 tsp. almond extract
over-flowing 1/2 c. chocolate chips

1. Mix dry and wet ingredients in separate bowls.
2. Blend half the dry mixture and half the wet mixture until dates and oats are very finely ground.
3. Scoop into separate bowl.
4. Blend the other half.
5. Mix in chocolate chips.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes, depending on how gooey you want it.
7. Cool for 10 min and serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
 

Inquiry of the Day:

How did your labor day weekend go? Did the hurricane affect you?

As I said, lots of rain pretty much all weekend. We needed it, but rain always makes me feel so gloomy. It's sunny right now, though! Yay! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media