Get In Touch

Friday, September 7, 2012

Fish Sticks

Share it Please
To be honest, I actually forgot about the fish stick recipe. I just have so many recipes that I want to share with you guys and so many posts, I forgot about the fish.

I'm only a teenager and I'm starting to lose my memory already. Jeez. What's next? Gray hair? ;)

A yummy lunch!

I also wanted to ask your opinion on if I started to do book reviews. Would you all like that? Let me know, and I'll start writing one maybe once a month or something like that.

Flaky and crispy

Anywho, here's the fish stick recipe, as promised. Oh, and sorry for such the short post. Surprisingly, I'm running out of creative juices. Eeek! Another bad sign! Or maybe I just wrote a great big long one to share with you guys tomorrow. Be afraid!

Fish Sticks:

3 cod filets
1/3 c. almond flour
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
2-4 T. coconut oil

1. Cut up cod into thick strips.
2. Mix together almond flour, salt, and pepper.
3. In the palm of your hand, crush up oregano until it is really fine. Add to almond flour mixture.
4. Melt coconut oil in the microwave.
5. Dip cod into coconut oil, then coat in almond flour mixture.
6. Bake at 425 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until fish sticks are golden in color.

The oregano makes the flavor pop!


Substitution Notes: If you're vegan or vegetarian maybe try replacing the cod with tofu? Any other oil would work, I think, as long as it's okay for high heat. And add spices as you will. I just like fish sticks plain and simple.


Inquiry of the Day: 

What book are you reading now? What kinds of books do I like?

I'm rereading the Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan. I'm getting prepared for the next book, Mark of Athena. I'm sooo excited! I like dystopian novel, fantasy, and realistic fiction sometimes. But, mostly, I prefer fantasy. I'm still obsessed with the Hunger Games, Divergent, Delirium, and I can't wait to read Maze Runner and The Uglies!

Oh, by the way, I normally will NOT be posting on Thursdays and Fridays, because that is when I go to school and it's just to hectic to try and get a post up. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks lovely and simple! I'm going to try it tomorrow. Keep writing and you'll get your creative juices flowing again...and keep your mind sharp for years to come!

    Right now I am reading "Outlanders" which is historical fiction with some time-traveling. I just finished the Percy Jackson series, is that Rick Riordan too? Can't remember! Now my memory is going, :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've heard of that book somehow. I know that Margaret Peterson Haddix wrote historical fiction books with time traveling, but I know she didn't write the "Outlanders". Rick Riordan did write the Percy Jackson series and they are some of my favorite books ever. Thanks for visiting! :)

      Delete

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media