Get In Touch

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Red Curry with Fish

Share it Please
I posted a recipe similar to this a few months ago, but, personally, I think this one is much better. Thai curry is one of my favorite foods on the entire planet. Give me green curry, red curry, yellow curry, panang curry, masaman curry and I'll eat it. Or any Thai food for that matter. ;)


The best part of this recipe is that you don't have to use fish. Any other kind of meat would work just as well. Even beans or tofu would be good! And you don't have to use just the vegetables that I have written in the recipe. Be creative and play with it.

I took the easy route on this recipe and used curry paste. But if you, unlike me, are more adventurous, by all means make your own curry paste. However, I have found a fairly clean brand of curry paste. It's not vegan, unfortunately. But it is gluten, soy, dairy, and nut free. I found my curry paste at our International Market and it was cheaper than what you can get it for on Amazon. So I would recommend looking there before you try the Internet. Thai Kitchen has a vegan red curry paste, but it costs about $5 per each little 4 oz. bottle. That's only enough paste to make one or two curries.


On a different note, next week it's going to get warm (maybe)! Like in the 40s and 50s! I was super excited when I found this out. I'm so sick of the cold and snow. It's time for spring and green leaves and grass and blooming flowers. Ugh. Spring can't come soon enough.  

1 lbs. firm white fish, cut into 1" cubes
1/2 lbs. asparagus, cut into 1" pieces
3-4 medium-sized carrots, peeled and cut into rounds
1/2 large onion, sliced
2-3 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and cubed
100 g curry paste
1/3 c. olive or coconut oil
2/3 c. coconut cream
2 1/3 c. light coconut milk
2 T. coconut sugar
3 T. fish sauce or soy sauce
cauli-rice or brown or white rice, for serving
Thai dried chilies, to taste (optional)

1. In a large sauce pan, heat oil over medium-low heat. Whisk in the curry paste and stir gently for about 1 minute.
2. Add the coconut cream and stir for about two minutes. Then add the coconut milk and simmer for another three minutes.
3. Sprinkle the coconut sugar and fish sauce of the coconut mixture. Stir to combine.
4. Add your potatoes, carrots, and onions. Bring your curry to boil and cook your vegetables for about 10 minutes.
5. Then add your asparagus and fish. Cook an additional 5-10 minutes or until fish and aspargus are cooked through.
6. Serve over whatever type of rice you have and enjoy!

By the way, this recipe easily makes 8 servings, so you can cut it in half if you need to.



Inquiry of the Day:

What's your favorite type of curry?

Personally, mine is green curry with pork. It's super yummy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media