Get In Touch

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Chai Bread with Cinnamon Swirls

Share it Please
Every time I try to spell chai, it always comes out as "chia" the first time around, then I have to go back and switch the 'a' and 'i' around. It's kind of annoying actually. So I try to consciously think of how to spell chai everytime I type it out. Anyway, sorry for that brief interruption. On with the bread...



In this cold, snowy weather I really crave chai tea. I love the spicy and versatileness of it. It's a warm, comforting flavor that I try my best to indulge in every day. Since I love chai tea so much, I've been looking for ways to put it into food. I've seen a lot of chai banana/pumpkin bread recipes as of late and thought that I might as well jump on the bandwagon.


This bread packs in all the flavors of chai that you love in the form of a warm loaf of bread. It would be even more spectacular toasted and spread with raspberry jam or pumpkin cream cheese and/or eaten with a mug of chai tea. I'm going to try turning it into French toast sometime this week. It would also be good for a bread pudding or a light dessert. However you eat it, I hope you enjoy the bread! :)

2 c. almond flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 chai tea bags, spices removed
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 eggs or flax "eggs"
1/3 c. coconut oil, melted
3-4 T. honey or agave
1 T. milk of choice (may need to add more if using flax "eggs")
2 T. olive oil
1 T. honey or agave
1 tsp. cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease two mini loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl combine almond flour, baking soda, salt, chai tea spices, and cinnamon.
3. Add the eggs, coconut oil, and honey. Stir well to combine.
4. In a smaller bowl, stir together the olive oil, honey, and cinnamon.
5. Fill each loaf pan half full, then drizzle the olive oil, honey, cinnamon mixture over the batter. Cover with remaining batter. If you have any leftover drizzle mixture, pour ontop the top of the batter.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Keep a watchful eye on it so it doesn't burn.



Inquiry of the Day:

Do you like chai tea? What are some of your favorite kinds of tea?

I really like this cinnamon apple tea we get from Celestial Seasonings. They're Bengal Spice tea is good, too. Along with their coconut chai. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media