Get In Touch

Thursday, October 3, 2013

One-Minute Pumpkin Muffin

Share it Please
Wow, it's been a week since I've posted. I apologize, you guys. I won't let it happen again.

Anyways, I told you you'd see more pumpkin recipes! Not that I don't have like a gabillion already, but it's pretty much impossible to have too much pumpkin this time of year. ;) As soon as fall starts, I constantly have pumpkin or butternut puree in the fridge. I go through a container almost every week. Yup, lots of pumpkin spice lattes in this house. ;)



The one thing I'd been meaning to try for a while was a microwaved pumpkin muffin. This recipe is perfect for when you don't want to make a whole batch of muffins, but you also don't want to heat up your oven for a single muffin. Also, it's a lot faster than baking one in the oven and makes for a great breakfast on the go.

The inspiration for this recipe actually came from Trader Joe's. A while ago, when my mom first started looking into going gluten-free, she went to this class at Trader Joe's. They took her around the store, showed her what foods were gluten-free, how to prepare gluten-free food, etc. And they handed out recipe cards, too. One of the recipes was for a gluten-free muffin in a mug. It has very few ingredients and is super simple to make.


With that said, I used the base of that recipe for this one. At first I wasn't sure how it was going to work, but it turned out great! The one thing I suggest you do is top your muffin with butter or coconut oil or even pumpkin butter to make it a little more moist. Because the muffin is made in the microwave it's very spongy. Not exactly, dry, but, just kind of, well, sponge-like. So the butter would definitely be good with this. If you can have butter, that is. If not, coconut oil or coconut butter would be just as tasty.

1/4 c. almond flour
pinch salt
 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 egg
1-2 T. pumpkin puree, depending on how pumpkin-y you like things
1 T. honey
1/2 T. oil
optional: chocolate chips, walnuts, raisins,  etc.

1. Combine your wet ingredients in a small bowl.  Make sure you beat the egg really well.
2. Add the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
3. Stir in chocolate chips or whatever add-ins you want.
4. Grease a mug or ramekin well and pour the batter in.
5. Microwave for one minute on high. The muffin will seem a little wet on the top at first, but don't worry. The muffin's done.
6. Spread with butter, coconut oil/butter, jam, etc.



Inquiry of the Day:

Have you ever made any baked goods in the microwave?

I actually try not to use the microwave too much, but when I'm short on time or don't feel like making a ton of muffins I use this recipe. This was the first recipe I ever made in the microwave and I was very pleased with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media