Get In Touch

Monday, July 22, 2013

Recipe Review: Chocolate Covered Strawberry Popsicles

Share it Please
Normally when I do these types of posts I don't call them "recipe reviews" (for example, the chicken nuggets, deep dish cookie pie, vanilla fudgesicles, vegan vanilla ice cream, etc.). But since this recipe was so simple I really didn't change much and it deserved a different title.

Photo taken by Caroline from Chocolate and Carrots

I was scrolling through my Pinterest feed one day when I came across this genius idea: everyone loves chocolate covered strawberries, so why has no one made them into popsicle form?!? Well, no one except Caroline from Chocolate and Carrots. Seriously, the idea is brilliant! Especially because I think I'd like chocolate covered strawberries if it weren't for the seedy texture of the strawberries. That's why I don't eat them plain. And pureeing them gets rid of that problem!

I made them a week or so ago and tried one out the other day as part of my breakfast. The popsicles themselves were very strawberry-y (well duh, Olivia) and tasted like the fruit popsicles from the store, but with much healthier ingredients and they were a little icier. The best part is that the recipe is so simple and takes very little preparation and clean-up. They're also great as a light summer dessert. For those nights when a chocolate craving hits and you want something that won't do much to your waistline.

As for the changes I made, I added some honey to the strawberry puree , because it wasn't quite sweet enough for my tastes. And, instead of using Caroline's recipe for magic shell, I used Chocolate Covered Katie's which worked just as well.

A bonus of trying this recipe? I figured out how to make Dove bars (you know the ice cream bars covered in chocolate?). Yes, you heard me right. No more store bought ice cream bars filled with dairy, unnecessary sugar and calories, and chemicals! I have a plan to make them, but I have yet to try it out. Hopefully I'll get to that this week.


Inquiry of the Day:

Do you like chocolate covered strawberries?

I really haven't met anyone who doesn't like them by choice. What I mean by that is that I know some people can't have chocolate or strawberries. I have a friend who can't have strawberries so she obviously doesn't like them. But other than that, everyone else I know does.

(By the way, sorry for all the links in this post.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media