Get In Touch

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Green Eggs

Share it Please
Okay, I know the eggs look a little bit like green Play-Doh, but they don't taste like it. I promise. And they're a lot healthier than Play-Doh.


This was maybe one of the grossest things I did as a kid, but I used to eat Play-Doh. Please don't judge me! Look backing on it, I'm not sure why I would eat it. Maybe it was the saltiness? Whatever the case, I regret doing it now. Sure, there are worse things I could've eaten, but still. Gross.

Back to the eggs. They are super healthy, because they have quite a bit of saturated fat, vitamin A, vitamin B12 and some iron to boot.


And how did I get them green? Why spinach of course!

3 eggs (For vegan eggs, maybe try silken-firm tofu or a liquid egg replacer)
1 c. spinach (If you really don't want to use spinach, use a few drops of green food coloring instead)
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. onion powder
salt and pepper
coconut oil or other fat

1. Add all your ingredients, except the salt and pepper and coconut oil, to a blender. Run it until it's smooth.
2. Heat a small pan over medium-high heat. Once it's hot, grease the pan.
3. Pour your eggs in and scramble 'em until they're to your preferred doneness. I like mine a little wet still, but completely cooked. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Serve with a side of ham, bacon, pancakes, tofu, or whatever!



Inquiry of the Day:

Did you eat strange things as a kid?

That was an awkward question, but I know some kids would eat sand or dirt or bugs or coins. My question is, why do kids eat strange non-edible things? I wonder what runs through the mind of a toddler.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media