Get In Touch

Friday, December 21, 2012

Molasses Cookies

Share it Please
I told you I would post a molasses cookie recipe and now I finally am.


These are slightly chewy, soft, and 100% delicious. Of course, they aren't completely sugar-free. They do have real molasses in them, and if you must make them refined sugar-free I would recommend either using yacon syrup or maple syrup in place of the molasses.

One of my favorite holiday cookies are molasses cookies. My grandma used to make them from scratch. We would mix up the dough together, cut out shapes with cookie cutters, and frost them. Of course, we haven't made the cookies for some time, but I still have fond memories of them.


This recipe doesn't make cut-out cookies, just drop cookies. If someone wants to try to make them pliable enough to cut into shapes, be my guest and please report back!
 
The texture of the cookies is definitely different from the ones I remember my grandma making, but the taste is the same. One thing I do recommend though, is increasing the molasses to a 1/3 cup and decreasing the honey to a 1/3 cup if you want a stronger molasses-y taste. I might do that next time. Hmmm.......


Well 4 days to Christmas everyone! I can't wait! So make some cookies, spend time with family and/or friends, and enjoy the holiday season. :)

2 1/2 c. almond flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/2 c. grape seed oil
1/4 c. molasses
1/2 c. honey or agave

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and set aside two baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
2. Mix together almond flour, baking soda, salt, and spices in a medium sized bowl.
3. Add the wet ingredients.
4. Scoop out a tablespoonful of dough onto the baking sheet. I got 4 rows with 4 cookies in each row on my trays. Remember, the dough spreads out quite a bit so give them space, at least an inch apart.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes. I wouldn't recommend going any longer than that, because the bottoms will burn.
6. Let cool for about 15 minutes and frost if desired.

By the way, we got our first good snow of the year! Woo hoo! :D



Inquiry of the Day:

Has it snowed where you live?

I just hope the snow will stay on the ground until Christmas morning. If it doesn't, the weather man says it's supposed to snow again the day after, so I guess that's okay.
 



2 comments:

  1. Oh I love how quick & easy these look to make. Can't wait to try 'em out.
    I'll try them with maple syrup as I don't have molasses on hand, I'm sure they'll turn out.
    I spent my Christmas with family in southwestern Ontario Canada and boy did it snow! Yikes. I'm back home in sunny California now with no white stuff *phew*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet they'd be good with maple syrup.

      We got almost 7.5" of snow where I live the day after Christmas. That was kind of disappointing. I wish we'd gotten that much the day *of* Christmas. Oh well. What can you do. ;)

      Delete

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media